Our new Indianapolis facility incorporates significant environmental elements designed to increase operational excellence and resource sustainability that benefit our customers and the global environment. -- Hannah Kain, President and CEO of ALOM
FREMONT, Calif. (PRWEB) December 12, 2019
ALOM, a global leader in supply chain management, has been awarded the Supply & Demand Chain Executive Green Supply Chain Award for 2019. ALOM is being recognized for excellence in energy-efficient facility design and business intelligence-driven fulfillment technology. This is the sixth consecutive year that ALOM has received this distinction for making sustainability a core part of its supply chain strategy.
“We are committed to sustainability. This means including sustainability considerations at every step in our own supply chain and as we design and implement supply chains for our customers. Our new Indianapolis facility is not only our most technologically advanced facility to date; it also incorporates significant environmental elements. From motion controlled LED lighting and HVAC to order routing automation, everything has been designed to increase operational excellence and resource sustainability that benefit our customers and the global environment,” said Hannah Kain, President and CEO of ALOM, adding, “I’m proud of the staff’s dedication to minimizing waste in all areas and to making the world a better place.”
Bestowed by SDCE, the executive's user manual for successful supply and demand chain transformation, the award recognizes companies for working to achieve measurable sustainability goals within their own operations and supply chains, and for assisting their customers in achieving measurable sustainability goals.
This year's 10th-annual awards recognize small, mid-size and large enterprises that leveraged green practices and solutions to further drive sustainable improvements in their supply chain.
“Every year our Green Supply Chain Award recipients demonstrate what is achievable in supply chain sustainability,” says John R. Yuva, editor for Supply & Demand Chain Executive. “It is clear that while sustainability is not a new concept, there is always more we can accomplish.”
“We extend our congratulations to this year’s award recipients and their commitment to green initiatives,” adds Yuva. “The entries serve as best-in-class examples for other companies to model and create value for their supply chains.”
About Supply & Demand Chain Executive
Supply & Demand Chain Executive is the executive's user manual for successful supply and demand chain transformation, utilizing hard-hitting analysis, viewpoints, and unbiased case studies to steer executives and supply management professionals through the complicated, yet critical, world of supply and demand chain enablement to gain competitive advantage. http://www.SDCExec.com.
ALOM is a global supply chain management services and solutions provider serving as a partner to its Fortune 500 customers in the technology, automotive, government, medical, telecommunications, and utility/energy sectors. Headquartered in Fremont, CA, its expert team of strategists, technology engineers, and supply chain specialists operate globally from 19 locations. ALOM supply chain service offerings include procurement, eCommerce, inventory, assembly, digital media duplication, print management, fulfillment, IT and visibility tools, logistics management, and operations. ALOM is proud to deliver its customers’ products and services impeccably, enrich the end-user experience, and uphold their brand reputations. http://www.alom.com
- Aila Introduces Enterprise-Grade Barcode Scanning Software That Extends Data Capture to any iOS Device
- MPI Label Systems Partners With Kit Check To Provide Custom RFID Tags for Medication Inventory Tracking
- ScanTracked™ releases its flagship Cloud-based data collection and lookup platform
- Impinj Introduces Two New RAIN RFID Tag Chips for Global Markets Including Retail, Supply Chain, and Aviation
- TEKLYNX Launches New Blog On Barcode Labeling Processes
- Boehringer Ingelheim chooses NiceLabel solution to help support standardized labeling worldwide
- ScanSource to Present at Raymond James Technology Investors Conference
- Atlas RFID Announces Annual Jovix Award Winners
- RFID For Russia - Moscow City Streamlines Parking Access and Control with Secure RFID
- Printronix Auto ID Boosts Productivity and Versatility with Introduction of T6000e Thermal RFID Printer Series
- In Wake of New Romaine Lettuce Recall Supply Chain Management and Food Traceability "More Important Than Ever"
- NEW: Suppliers Guide To Aviation RFID