Wauwatosa, WI — December 2, 2019 — Global pharmaceutical company, Boehringer Ingelheim, has selected NiceLabel, a leading global developer of label design software and label management systems, to help it create a global standardized labeling process.
Boehringer Ingelheim had previously decided to introduce a global SAP system across all its sites to streamline its operations. In line with this, it made sense to implement a global labeling system to achieve more seamless ERP integration, make label changes easier and drive further operational efficiencies. The NiceLabel Label Management System (LMS) fitted the bill.
Boehringer Ingelheim is making use of the full spectrum of functionality within NiceLabel’s LMS, including the built-in label designer for designing label templates. The tool’s document management system enables the company to replace itsmanual quality control procedures with a completely digitized quality assurance process.
This gives it the access to security, approval workflows, complete label change and print history that it needs. The LMS is also integrated with Boehringer Ingelheim’s ERP system, SAP ECC, which gives the pharmaceuticals giant a centralized way of updating label information.
Thanks to the implementation of LMS, Boehringer Ingelheim can now process label change requests much more quickly than before. Now that the quality assurance workflow is an integrated part of the label management system, Boehringer Ingelheim can save valuable time and resources previously dedicated to manual quality assurance tasks. Boehringer Ingelheim has also benefited from the NiceLabel ABAP package (SAP connector) that simplifies and speeds up integration.
Ken Moir, NiceLabel VP of Marketing, commented: “It’s great to see how Boehringer Ingelheim is really using the full spectrum of our label management system. It has a great track record of selecting best-of-breed IT systems, so we’re pleased that it has selected NiceLabel as its global labeling system-of-choice.”
Initially, Boehringer Ingelheim has implemented LMS at its production sites in Ingelheim, Germany and Sant Cugat, Spain. It plans to expand over time to other sites around the world. The next to be implemented are in Dortmund, Germany and Koropi, Greece. Both implementations are planned for non-production processes, e.g. warehouse and quality management.
Detailed information on how NiceLabel helped Boehringer Ingelheim create a global, standardized labeling process is available atwww.nicelabel.com/boehringer-ingelheim.
About Boehringer Ingelheim
Improving the health of humans and animals is the goal of the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim. The focus in doing so is on diseases for which no satisfactory treatment option exists to date. The company therefore concentrates on developing innovative therapies that can extend patients’ lives. In animal health, Boehringer Ingelheim stands for advanced prevention. Family-owned since it was established in 1885, Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies. Some 50,000 employees create value through innovation daily for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceuticals. More information: www.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Established in 1993, NiceLabel is a leading global developer of label design software and label management systems that help companies of all sizes improve the quality, speed and efficiency of their labeling, while reducing cost. With the help of our label management systems, organizations are able to digitally transform their entire label printing and production process. The result is a leaner, more agile operation that enables companies to respond more quickly to changing market conditions and requirements, get products to market faster and compete more effectively in the sectors where they do business. Through its headquarters in the EU (Slovenia) and global offices in Germany, USA, Singapore and China, NiceLabel serves and supports its clients around the world with technology at the forefront of market demand. More information: www.nicelabel.com
More bar code, RFID and labeling news for you:
- ScanSource to Present at Raymond James Technology Investors Conference
- Atlas RFID Announces Annual Jovix Award Winners
- RFID For Russia - Moscow City Streamlines Parking Access and Control with Secure RFID
- Printronix Auto ID Boosts Productivity and Versatility with Introduction of T6000e Thermal RFID Printer Series
- In Wake of New Romaine Lettuce Recall Supply Chain Management and Food Traceability "More Important Than Ever"
- NEW: Suppliers Guide To Aviation RFID
- Reverse Logistics Workflow Added to Smartphone App
- Acuity Joins Honeywell Partner Program - Adds Scanning, Printing and Mobile Computing Solutions
- Inventory Pro Online Adds Integration With WooCommerce
- RFID Solutions Bring Clear Sightline Into $1.2 Trillion Shrink Problem
- Avery Dennison to Acquire Smartrac’s RFID Inlay Business
- Supply Dynamics Named National Champion in US Air Force Sponsored Microelectronics Supply Chain Provenance Challenge
- Metalcraft Launches RFID Company To Support Small Businesses
- Health Traceability Company Raises 30 Million Euros From Funds Managed by Xerys
- Socket Mobile Updates Capture SDK for iOS 13 Compatibility
- Lightning Labels to Have a Big Presence at the Private Label Expo in Chicago
- Secure and Productive In The Supply Chain With Identify3D and EOS
- Barcode Scanner Market Procurement Intelligence Report
- Digimarc Brings Scan & Shop Technology to Walmart's Toy Catalog
- Millennials Abandon In-Store Purchases When Items Are Out-of-Stock: Zebra Study
- ScanSource Announces First Quarter Results