WARRENTON, Va., Oct. 29, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- SimplyRFID, a software and hardware development company that makes radio-frequency ID tracking systems, has partnered with Surgio Health to automate the hospital sterile processing department (SPD). With hospitals needing to keep track of medical tray location, delivery, and sterilization, SimplyRFID's technology efficiently solves all of these problems.
Surgio Track, powered by SimplyRFID's technology, tracks assets to add an automated layer of monitoring and location tracking. The system includes alarms to both identify equipment that misses customizable critical processing milestones and prevent assets from passing through thresholds without proper sterilization. Surgio Track's quick asset locating doesn't require human input and provides data to promote workflow efficiency over time.
"We chose SimplyRFID because of their team's willingness to work with us and develop new markets, as well as because of their unbiased knowledge of the existing markets," said Tony Passalacqua, SVP of Logistics & Implementation at Surgio. "Surgio uses radio-frequency ID to validate the sterilization process and ensure that it has been followed to protect patient safety."
Without RFID tracking, hospitals can experience a multitude of challenges related to sterile processing, including staff members not adhering or not having enough time to follow manual processes and the inability to properly track tray movement data. With SimplyRFID, SPD managers, surgeons, and other members of clinical staff can utilize automated asset tracking and the external alarm system to quickly locate necessary equipment and reduce human error.
"When patient lives are on the line and every minute is expensive, quickly finding assets is critical," said Carl Brown, CEO at SimplyRFID. "Automated QA provides priceless peace of mind that the asset is safe to use and reduces the potential for serious sentinel events."
To learn more about SimplyRFID and Surgio Track, please visit www.simplyrfid.com/how-to/hospital-spd.
More news about bar code and RFID:
- Digimarc Reports Third Quarter 2020 Loss, Raises More Capital
- Socket Mobile's SocketScan S550 Contactless Reader achieves Apple Wallet compatibility
- TOOTECH Launches Bar Code Label Printer 'TTE-72FX'
- Cognex Reports Strong Results for the Third Quarter of 2020
- Digimarc Welcomes Alicia Syrett and Riley McCormack to its Board of Directors
- Rufus Labs Releases Rufus Cuff Pro and ScanGlove2
- Socket Mobile Reports Q3 2020 Earnings
- Janam Introduces State-of-the-Art Rugged Gun
- TEKLYNX Print Automation Solution, SENTINEL, Helps Entertainment Earth Create Their Ideal Labeling Environment
- Inovity Acquires ADC Integrated Systems Inc. to Expand Tennessee Presence
- Honeywell’s New Extended Flexrange™ Scan Engine Integrates Easily For Improved Data Capture Performance
- BlueStar Appoints New Managing Director for Europe Operations
- GoDEX Americas Releases New Thermal Printers
- Epson Launches New Low-Cost, High-Volume Bar Code Labeling Solutions
- NRF Launches “New Holiday Traditions” Campaign
- NRF Chief Economist ‘Cautiously Optimistic’ But Says Holiday Sales Will Hinge on ‘Wildcard Puzzle Pieces’
- Dane Hatchett Named Manager, Business Development, for Vizinex RFID