Mobile passes are virtual cards, or digitized cards, that are stored in a user's Apple wallet. These mobile passes can be used for loyalty programs, membership cards, event tickets, coupons/offers, check-in/checkout. The required mobile passes can be activated by simply tapping the iPhone or Apple Watch on the S500 reader. The end-user tapping experience is similar to the Apple Pay process. However, instead of interacting with the payment process, it interacts with the vast ecosystem infrastructure of iOS VAS, enabling organizations and companies to deliver exceptional user experiences.
Socket Mobile's focus is loyalty cards, memberships, and other customer-related services. The S550 can automatically request the appropriate mobile pass for the franchise, store or event you are attending to ensure a fast and convenient end-user experience. While the user interaction is simple, the S550 provides a high level of security by capturing a cryptographically generated payload from the mobile pass, then transmitting this payload over secure Bluetooth to an iPad or other device running a connected application.
"The S550 delivers an engaging, contactless, and frictionless experience for your customers and guest using mobile passes. The Capture SDK provides our developers with the tools to use the magic of the Apple VAS eco-system. We're excited to be at the forefront of these new mobile pass capabilities and their ability to improve customer experiences," says Vince Coli, Staff Director, Technical Product Marketing.
Socket's Capture SDK enables its app developer community to build connected apps using the S550 to unite this ecosystem. Socket Mobile Nice2CU application, available via Apple app store (and soon as open source on GitHub), is a simple membership check-in/ checkout app demonstrating the power and potential capabilities of the solution.
The S550 contactless reader also reads most NFC cards in addition to mobile passes. In addition, it supports NFC Forum tags, NPX, STMicro tag, Mifare and much more.
The SocketScan S550 is available now for developers at www.socketmobile.com/developers.
Socket Mobile will be presenting the product to registered developers, via a webinar, on Tuesday November 10th at 10am PST. Interested developers can sign up through the developer portal.
Go to: developers.socketmobile.com.
The S550 will be available to the public on December 1, 2020, with an MSRP of $269.
For more information, check our store at: https://www.socketmobile.com/products/contactless/socketscan/s550-Bluetooth-RFID-reader
Other exciting bar code news:
- TOOTECH Launches Bar Code Label Printer 'TTE-72FX'
- Cognex Reports Strong Results for the Third Quarter of 2020
- Digimarc Welcomes Alicia Syrett and Riley McCormack to its Board of Directors
- Rufus Labs Releases Rufus Cuff Pro and ScanGlove2
- Socket Mobile Reports Q3 2020 Earnings
- Janam Introduces State-of-the-Art Rugged Gun
- TEKLYNX Print Automation Solution, SENTINEL, Helps Entertainment Earth Create Their Ideal Labeling Environment
- Inovity Acquires ADC Integrated Systems Inc. to Expand Tennessee Presence
- Honeywell’s New Extended Flexrange™ Scan Engine Integrates Easily For Improved Data Capture Performance
- BlueStar Appoints New Managing Director for Europe Operations